1 cup – 200ml
- All purpose flour / Maida – 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup +2 tbsp (for more sweetness, else 1/2 cup will do)
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking soda – A small pinch ( do not add more than a pinch)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
- White vinegar – 1.5 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Powder 1/2 cup of sugar and set aside. In a wide bowl sieve the flour , sugar , cocoa powder , baking powder , cooking soda & salt.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients ( oil , vinegar , vanilla essence & water). Add the dry ingredients little by little to the wet ingredients.
- Blend well in the same direction. Add little more water if necessary. Line the muffin tray with muffin cups and fill 3/4th with batter.
- Preheat the oven in 200c ( convection mode) & then bake the muffin in 200c for 12- 14 minutes . Check with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean , cake is done. Let it cool completely
- serve and enjoy!!!! 🙂 ❤
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 250 Gram Paneer, cut in cubes
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic
- ~1 inch Ginger
- 15-20 Cashews, soaked in water
- 1 Tablespoon Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2-3 Green Cardamoms (Choti Hari Elaichi)
- ~1 Inch Stick of Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 3-4 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar or 1 Teaspoon Honey, optional
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
1.Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add Cumin Seeds and fry them on low heat till they start to splutter.
2.Add Green Cardamom Cinnamon and Cloves to butter. Fry on low flame them for a minute.
3.Add Chopped Ginger and Garlic Cloves to the pan and cook for a minute.
4.Add chopped onions and fry them till they turn translucent. There is no need to brown the onions.
5.Add chopped tomatoes and cook them till they become soft.
6.Add cashews to the mixture. If you want you can roast the cashews separately before adding them.
7.Add 1 teaspoon Salt along with 1 Cup of water.
8.Cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes till the mixture becomes soft.
9.Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and make a smooth fine paste. You can pass the paste through a sieve to remove the skin of the tomatoes and any other chunks.
10.Again heat 1 tablespoon Butter in a pan and add a Bay Leaf and Red Chilli Powder to it. Fry it for a few seconds. This will give a nice color to the gravy.
11.Add the onion tomato paste to the pan and mix it with the red chilli powder. Cook for a couple of minutes.
12.Add Garam Masala, Coriander Powder and Turmeric Powder to the mixture.
13.Also add some Sugar to the gravy. Adding Sugar is optional but it gives a nice taste to the gravy. You can also replace Sugar with honey.
14.Now add cream to the gravy and mix everything well. The cream will give a richness to the gravy. If you want to skip it you can use a little bit of milk instead.
15.Sprinkle some crushed Dry Fenugreek Leaves Finally add the Paneer Cubes and cook everything for 3-4 minutes. If you want you can fry the Paneer cubes very slightly before adding them.
16.Paneer Butter Masala is ready. You can garnish it with chopped Coriander
17.Enjoy with naan or rice 🙂