- Full fat milk – 3 1/2 cups
- Fresh cream – 400 ml (Amul)
- Corn flour – 1 1/2 tbsps, heaped (add to 1/2 cup of boiled and cooled milk and mix well)
- Vanilla extract – 1 1/2 tsps
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Choco chip (optional)
- 1.Place beaters and a wide stainless steel vessel in the freezer for an hour. Chill the fresh cream in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 2.Bring 3 1/2 cups of milk to a gentle boil and allow to simmer till it reduces to 2 3/4 cups. You have to constantly stir so that the bottom does not burn.
- 3.Add the sugar and continue to stir till the sugar dissolves completely. Slowly pour the corn flour milk mixture to the simmering milk and go on stirring for 8-10 mts. The mixture will thicken. Turn off flame and completely cool the mixture. Place in fridge to chill.
- 4.Remove the beaters, stainless steel vessel and fresh cream from the freezer. Pour the fresh cream into the chilled stainless steel vessel and beat the mixture well for 4-5 mts. Place the beaten fresh cream in the fridge until use.
- 5.Beat the chilled milk mixture for 3 mins . Add the beaten fresh cream and vanilla extract to the beaten milk mixture and beat on low for a mins or use a whisk to mix.
- 6.Divide the mixture into two shallow aluminum containers, cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer.
- 7.Remove the containers from freezer after an hour and use a spoon to mix the mixture for a mt. Break any ice formation by mixing thoroughly with a spoon.
- 8.Place the containers in the freezer and again remove after 45 mins. Use a spoon to mix the mixture thoroughly for a min. Continue this process two more times at 45 mins intervals.
- 9.Once the mixture has been mixed/agitated at least 3-4 times, again place in freeze for an hour. Remove the frozen mixture from the container to a blender and blend well to a smooth mixture.
- 10.Divide the blended mixture among the two containers, place lid and freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
11. Decorate with chocolate syrup and choco-chips
12. Enjoy 😉