Vegetable Patties Recipe
Ingredients Of Vegetable Patties
- 3 cups maida / refined flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup iced water
- 1 kg mixed vegetables-chopped fine, and cooked
- 1 cup onion-chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp pisi kali mirch
- 2 Tbsp milk for brushing
How to Make Vegetable Patties
- For dough
- Mix maida, salt and 1 cup butter into a crumbly consistency.
- Add 1 the water and continue to mix into a crumbly mixture. Add some more water till no dry particles remain.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or so.
- Beat the butter into a 6″ square between two sheets of plastic.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle 12″x 26″.
- Place butter in center and fold first one end over, then the other.
- Press edges to seal and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into a long strip again, fold one third from one end towards center and then the other. Chill. And repeat twice more before using as required.
- For stuffing
Heat butter and add onions when butter melts.
- Saute till onions are a little soft. Add vegetables, salt, dhania, garam masala, amchur, chilli powder and pisi kali mirch and stir-fry till well mixed.
- Roll dough 1″ thick, cut into rectangles.
- Wet edges, place the mixture in one half and fold over. Press to seal.
- Brush top with milk and bake in a hot oven 425 F-200C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- enjoy ❤