- 10-12 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 4-5 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage, grated
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1/2 Cup Beans, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ~1 Inch Piece of Ginger, grated
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Teaspoons Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, as per taste
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Flour / All Purpose Flour
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add finely chopped spring onions & ginger-garlic paste and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Wash and rinse the vegetables. Shred the cabbage and carrots. Thinly slice the beans and capsicum. Add all the vegetables to the pan. Stir fry the vegetables on low-medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook them so that they retain a slight crunch.
- When the vegetables are cooked add Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Soy Sauce and Vinegar. Mix well. Be careful while adding the Salt since Soy Sauce already contains some Salt in it. Let the mixture sit and cool down for some time before handling it.
- Mix 1 part Plain Flour / All Purpose Flour with 2 parts of water and make a thick paste. This paste will be used for sealing the Spring Rolls. You can also use it to fix any tears in your wrappers.
- Gently separate a Spring Roll wrapper and spread it out on a flat working area. Take a small handful of the filling and place it diagonally on one corner of the wrapper.
- Start rolling the wrapper gently but tightly from one end till you reach midway. Spread the paste we prepared earlier on the edges of the wrapper. Then gently fold both the ends in one by one.
Roll the wrapper the rest of the way and seal the ends by applying the paste and pressing gently. Finish rolling the rest of the spring rolls in the same way.
- Deep fry these Spring Rolls on medium heat for 2-3 minutes till they turn golden brown and crispy.
Serve them hot with Schezwan Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce or Tomato Ketchup.